Careers Apps and Sites
NCEA Student App
NZQA has developed a mobile App called NCEA Student to help students plan their NCEA study programme, set goals and track their progress. The App complements the NCEA Guide App for parents and employers launched in 2014.
The App is available from the iTunes store only.
What does the App do?
Students were involved in the design of the App from the beginning, and chose the functions that were of most value to them. Functionality provides students with the ability to:
- Select and set their NCEA credit goals and targets
- See how they are tracking towards NCEA Levels one, two and three, including Literacy, Numeracy and University Entrance (UE)
- Set reminders for each standard such as when assignments are due
- Capture results as they are achieved and cross check with the school or NZQA
- Personalise with information such as NSN number or details about a course or standard (such as the teacher’s name or timetabled classroom)
- Customise with different colour coding options and the ability to add photos
- Use in English and Te Reo Māori.
Youth Guarantee initiatives are about improving the transition from school to work, by providing a wider range of learning opportunities, making better use of the education network, and creating clear pathways from school to work and study.
The Vocational Pathways provide new ways to achieve NCEA Level 2 – the foundation for success in further education and the world of work. The pathways help students see how their learning and achievement is valued in the ‘real world’ by aligning the NCEA Level 2 Assessment Standards including specific ‘sector-related’ standards