Download Orientation Programme 2019.
Here is some information to prepare your student before they come to NZ:
Download the Pre-Arrival Information.
The Director of International Students runs an orientation programme for all the new students on their arrival. Each student receives a copy of the orientation information about Wellington, daily life in New Zealand, school life and regulations.
This programme will take slightly different forms depending on whether there is a group of students starting together or an individual student arriving during the term.
- Introduction to Wellington City and amenities near the school
- Orientation to local systems: travel and shopping.
- Familiarisation with New Zealand laws, culture and learning
- School rules, procedures, counseling, support systems
- Organising photographs for Student ID
- English Language Assessment
- Academic planning and class placements, Issuing of a timetable
- Living environment and what students should expect from their accommodation.
- Routine activities of daily living.
- Surrounding rural or urban environment.
- Banking information and how to open a bank account.
- Information about cultural, recreational, and sporting activities.
- Transport arrangements
- Student rights: how to make a complaint and how to access support.
- Acceptable behaviour.
- Health and Medical treatment.
- “Keeping safe” information.
- 24-hour contact name and number for use in case of emergency.
- Management of emergency situations, including emergency numbers.