Prospective Year 9 students for 2022 and their families are invited to attend the Onlsow College Open Evening
Thursday 17 June 2021, commencing at 5:00pm - 7:00pm
We accept enrolments for In-Zone students at any time, but we would appreciate enrolments being in as soon as possible so we can know how many places we can offer to Out-of-Zone enrolments.
Dates for out-of-zone Enrolments
Applications for Year 9 placements for 2022 are to be received by Onslow College by Monday 26 July 2021 at 4pm
- The ballot for out-of-zone Year 9 places in 2021 will be held on Friday 6 August.
- Parents are to be notified of the outcome of the ballot by Wednesday 11 August.
- Acceptances of places offered via the ballot are to be received by the College by Wednesday 25 August
Applications for Year 10-13 placements for 2022 are to be received by Onslow College by Friday 15 October 2021 at 4pm
- The ballot for out-of-zone Year 10-13 places in 2022 will be held, if required, on Friday 29 October
- Parents are to be notified of the outcome of the ballot by Wedneday 3 November.
- Acceptances of places offered via the ballot are to be received by the College by Friday 17 November.
- Contributing schools visited by Deputy Principal (DP) and enrolment information distributed.We are using online enrolment and there is a link on our website.Please contact the office if you require extra support to complete online enrolment..
- There will be an Open Evening for additional information for Year 9 Students
- Interviews with staff are available, please ring the office to make an appointment. Year Dean and if requested Kaitiaki or Learning Support or Guidance offered throughout enrolment process.
- Enrolments received by end of July deadline. Office checks correct completion of enrolment forms and communicates with family.
- Year 8 online e-asTTle testing at Onslow College will be late in Term 4, more information to follow Term 3.
- In-zone roll determined. Out-of-zone applicants balloted.
- Ako classes determined by Year 9 Dean using enrolment information completed first week in December
- Pōwhiri and orientation at the start of the year
- 2021 start of year information available in mid-December.
Years 10 - 13
- Completed Online Enrolment
- Out of Zone Enrolment applications due early October. Office checks correct completion of enrolment forms and communicates with family.
- Decision to offer places for out-of-zone students made. Ballot if necessary early November.
- New student Pōwhiri and orientation day on same day as Year 9 first day.
Enrolments during the Year
- Only in-zone students are entitled to enrol during the year. Re-enrolling students need to complete online enrolment forms(available on our website)
- Dean contacts previous school to confirm information.
- Dean interviews family and student. Proposed course of study agreed with family (course not confirmed at interview).
- Dean uses course confirmation form to check the proposed course.
- Once course is confirmed, a starting date for the student is set by the Dean.
- Timetable given to Dean to explain to student.