ONSLOW COLLEGE SCHOOL BUSES TERM 1 2020
At the beginning of October 2019 Metlink advised us of changes that will affect school buses from the beginning of Term 1, effective from 26 January 2020.
Please note that this may mean:
- sharing services with the public where a specific trip has been extended to include our school
- taking an earlier service to meet school bell start times
- using a different designated school bus to get to school.
These changes will enable Metlink to deliver services more reliably within the current resource constraints as they work towards further service improvements for customers.
The new timetables will be available to view and / or download from our website metlink.org.nz from 23 December 2019.
As of the start of 2020 the information below is accurate for Onslow.
Buses do not call early on days when school finishes early. Students will need to arrange alternative transport on these days, or remain at school until 3.15pm. Afternoon buses leaving from the school grounds depart at 3.15pm sharp.
See https://www.metlink.org.nz/search/SearchForm?Searc... for detailed route information
You can set up a Journey planner on your Smart phone to assist with your journey to and from school. The link is: https://www.metlink.org.nz/my-metlink
Mana updates for students/families for 2020
- For 2020 drivers will again be allowing several weeks at the start of each term for schools and families to organise their various passes. Drivers won't be asking to see passes for the first two weeks. Drivers will be asking to see passes from week three.
- For 2020 the cost of a Mana Term Pass [for ineligible students travelling on MoE rural buses] will increase from $80 a term to $90 a term. The increase brings the Mana fare into line with Snapper fares for similar services.
- For information on Mana Term Passes [for ineligible students travelling on MoE rural buses] please call Brent Blann, Service Quality Controller on 022 366 4732 or email at email@example.com.
- For information on Rural Passes [for eligible students travelling on MoE rural buses] please call your school office.
AM - (Mana/Newlands Coach Services)-approx times
8.00am Boom Rock / Ohariu Valley Road Terminus
8.02am Ohariu Valley Golf Course Entrance, Ohariu Valley Road
8.05am Ohariu Hall, Ohariu Valley Road
8.10am Cnr Ohariu Valley Road & Takarau Gorge Road
8.15am 408 Ohariu Road
8.20am Cnr Ohariu Road & McLintock Street North
8.20am Onslow College & Raroa Intermediate
8.25am St Brigid’s School, Phillip Street
8.30am Johnsonville School, Ironside Road & Morgan Street
PM - (Mana/Newlands Coach Services)-approx times
2.55pm Johnsonville School, Ironside Road & Morgan Street
3.10pm St Brigids School, Phillip Street
3.20pm Raroa Intermediate and Onslow College – pick up together at Onslow College
3.35pm Cnr Ohariu Valley Road & McLintock Street North
3.40pm 408 Ohariu Road
3.45pm Cnr Ohariu Valley Road & Takarau Gorge Road
3.48pm Ohariu Hall, Ohariu Valley Road
3.50pm Ohariu Valley Golf Course Entrance, Ohariu Valley Road
3.55pm Boom Rock / Ohariu Valley Road Terminus