The Onslow College Foundation is a charitable trust established as a way for past students and supporters of the College to contribute to its long term success.However, the Foundation has been in inactive for some years and is effectively in recess.A small group of alumni has been formed to review the situation and to identify new ways to improve the contribution of the alumni to student education and the development of the college.Preliminary proposals have been developed and it is hoped to start implementing these in 2020.For more information, or if you are interested in contributing to this process, contact the Principal Sheena Millar, or the alumni project group directly through either Richard Bentley (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessie Williams-Shigeeda (email@example.com)
Purpose of the Foundation
The Onslow Foundation has big plans for supporting the school, its objectives are to:
- Provide specialist training and teaching, equipment, facilities, resources and materials
- Activities to promote and preserve the character of Onslow College
- Promote connections between the school and Alumni activities
- Maintain records of the College’s history and ensure future records are kept
- Assist pupils and former pupils through tertiary education or trade training
- Provide scholarship or financial assistance to pupils
- Advance the education and training of teachers both at Onslow and externally
|A strong Alumni organisation||A Foundation website to connect with the school and alumni activities||Onslow College Archives $20K|
|LONG TERM GOALS|
|Scholarship Programme||Artificial surface sports field $3M (enclosing the field an extra $1.25M)||Performing Arts Theatre $7M|
How you can help?
You can support Onslow College by donating to the Foundation. You can also choose a project to support and tag any contribution to specific projects.
- Foundation membership – $30 per year
- Annual gifting programmes
- Onslow College as a beneficiary of your estate
Non Financial Giving – you may be in a position to support your college by giving in kind or time. Please feel free to contact the Foundation to talk through any ideas.
Helping our students succeed
Onslow College aims to develop students to their potential through high quality education in a cooperative, friendly, stimulating and safe environment.
School funding is determined by our decile 10 rating which does not provide sufficient funds to meet the costs of what we need to deliver a well rounded education.
The shortfall in our operating expenses is made up from reserves, annual parent donations and international student fees.
Without this income we could not provide the curriculum, class sizes and activities parents say are important.
What can you do?
We need your help and ask that you become a benefactor so we can continue providing a positive and effective learning environment at Onslow College.
What you give is entirely up to you – every gift is important to Onslow.