BYOD Laptop Information
2018 BYOD Information
Click the links below for information regarding BYOD at Onslow College 2018.
The advantages of students bringing their own device are varied. The internet is continuing to develop into an essential platform for learning. As an important resource for all students it gives them the ability to communicate, collaborate, and extend their learning as they strive to become resourceful, well-balanced, positively-contributing citizens.
Specifically, students at Onslow College will be able to:
- Have anytime, anywhere access to class resources, activities and learning through our internet-based Learning Management System
- Communicate with their teachers and peers through the school’s web based email system
- Access a range of collaborative learning tools through Office 365.
- Develop e-portfolios in various forms to enable them to gather evidence of their learning.
- Have access to differentiated learning tasks which will better reflect their individual learning needs.
- Receive immediate and targeted feedback on progress
- Already some students are bringing laptops, netbooks and tablets (iPad, Galaxy tablet etc) to support their learning at school. We are now encouraging students who have a suitable device to bring it to school. We want to see all students in Year 9 & 10 bring a device. Students at other levels are encouraged to bring their device and the school will ensure they can access the school IT system.
- Individual teachers will speak to their classes about when and how devices can be used in their classes. Students without a device will be catered for in a variety of ways and will still have a full educational experience. For example, the existing school laptops will be more accessible as other students will be using their own devices. Subjects requiring specialist computer access will continue to be timetabled into existing school computer facilities.