Monday 13 August 6pm
Parent Information Evening
Thursday 16 August
Year 12 All Day Workshop
Dear Parents & Caregivers
In conjunction with NZ Police, Onslow College will again run its Year 12 Senior Heath Programme, Loves-Me-Not, and expects all Year 12s to attend this All Day workshop.
Key messages of Loves-Me-Not
- Abuse is never OK in our school or with our students.
- I can recognise signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships.
- As a bystander I can recognise the signs of an unhealthy relationship.
- As a bystander I can take action when I recognise signs of an unhealthy relationship.
- Only "yes" means “yes” for consenting to sexual acts.
- I have to be aware of the other person's state when asking for consent to sex and/or sexual acts.
- I can speak up and get help for others.
- It's not OK to be abusive in a relationship.
- It's OK to ask for help.
A Parent Evening on Monday August 13, 6pm to 7pm in the staffroom will outline the workshop content and rationale. It will also alert you to ways of supporting your young people around healthy relationships. If you cannot attend here is a link to a Nigel Latta youtube clip about the programme.