Senior Students (Years 11-13)
Year 11 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
Year 12 & 13 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
Course Confirmation Day - 27 January 2014 important information for Course Confirmation
- catering for individual needs within a broad and balanced curriculum
- meeting student preferences
- supporting students to achieve their academic potential
Course Selection Guidelines
- Individual students express preferences and then programmes will be constructed through consultation between students, parents, teachers and deans.
- Future pathways should be considered when planning courses.
- Multi-level programmes may be chosen.
- Entry to subjects depends on the stated entry requirements being met. Students who do not meet entry requirements can apply to the Head of Department for special consideration.
- Deans and the careers adviser are available to assist with the building up of a programme.
- Full time courses of study must be undertaken by all students:
* English and Mathematics
* Science (unless exempted by Dean)
* plus three other subjects
* plus equivalent of four or five full year subjects
* Equivalent of five or six full year subjects
Final confirmation of courses takes place during Course Confirmation Day in late January. Failure to attend course confirmation may put the place in a subject at risk.
Availability of subjects will depend on staffing and student numbers. If numbers for a subject are too small, the subject may be combined with another, be timetabled for fewer than four hours per week, be taught through correspondence or out of school hours, or withdrawn.
To make life easier for you for Back to School, we have teamed up with School Supplies Direct so that you can buy all your school stationery needs over the Internet or by mail order. Click here to access the website: www.myschool.co.nz
Warehouse Stationery Support Your School programme: visit www.warehousestationery.co.nz to download Onslow College's unique voucher. By presenting this voucher when you purchase school stationery from Warehouse Stationery, Onslow College will be awarded BlueBiz Rewards Points which help us to get more resources for the school.
Newsletter now available
Thursday 17th April 2014
The end of term newsletter is now available hereRead more »
School Cross Country Thursday 17th April Postponed until Term 2
Wednesday 16th April 2014Read more »
11PE Triathlon has been CANCELLED
Saturday 12th April 2014
Due to safety concerns with the road conditions, the Year 11 Triathlon has been cancelled. A decision on when this wil...Read more »
Entertainment Books 2014 - 2015 on sale now!
Friday 11th April 2014
Order your 2014 - 2015 Entertainment Book now to receive over $20,000 worth of valuable 2-for-1 and up to 50% offers fro...Read more »
And another Medal!
Friday 28th March 2014
Well done to Will Fahey (Stroke), Angus Todd, Will Pearson, Josh Blackmore and Dion Blackmore (Cox) placing third in the...Read more »
NEWSFLASH - GOLD MEDAL AT MAADI CUP
Friday 28th March 2014
Hayden Robertson just rowed to a gold medal in the Boys Under17 single scull! First Gold for Onslow College since 1979!...Read more »
Scholarship Results for Onslow College
Tuesday 11th March 2014
Congratulations to our Year 13 Students who received Scholarships in the 2013 examinations. It is great to see the har...Read more »
Monday 10th March 2014
Congratulations to the large contingent of rowers that represented Onslow College with pride and determination over the ...Read more »
Alisha Gilchrist smashes Under 16 Girls 3000m record!
Friday 7th March 2014
Year 11 student Alisha Gilchrist didn't just win the Under 16 Girls 3000m race at the Western Zone Athletics competion o...Read more »
Snapper travel concession
Monday 3rd March 2014
Wellington child travel concessions on Snapper for senior students are due to expire, to ensure students continue to rec...Read more »
Sports in 2014
Monday 27th January 2014
The 2014 Sports Handbook and associated forms are now available on the Sports pages of the website. Summer sports comm...Read more »