Senior Students (Years 11-13)
To make life easier for you for Back to School, we have teamed up with School Supplies Direct so that you can buy all your school stationery needs over the Internet or by mail order. Click here to access the website: www.myschool.co.nz
Warehouse Stationery Support Your School programme: visit www.warehousestationery.co.nz to download Onslow College's unique voucher. By presenting this voucher when you purchase school stationery from Warehouse Stationery, Onslow College will be awarded BlueBiz Rewards Points which help us to get more resources for the school.
Year 11 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
Year 12 & 13 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
- catering for individual needs within a broad and balanced curriculum
- meeting student preferences
- supporting students to achieve their academic potential
Course Selection Guidelines
- Individual students express preferences and then programmes will be constructed through consultation between students, parents, teachers and deans.
- Future pathways should be considered when planning courses.
- Multi-level programmes may be chosen.
- Entry to subjects depends on the stated entry requirements being met. Students who do not meet entry requirements can apply to the Head of Department for special consideration.
- Deans and the careers adviser are available to assist with the building up of a programme.
- Full time courses of study must be undertaken by all students:
* English and Mathematics
* Science (unless exempted by Dean)
* plus three other subjects
* plus equivalent of four or five full year subjects
* Equivalent of five or six full year subjects
Final confirmation of courses takes place during Course Confirmation Day in late January. Failure to attend course confirmation may put the place in a subject at risk.
Availability of subjects will depend on staffing and student numbers. If numbers for a subject are too small, the subject may be combined with another, be timetabled for fewer than four hours per week, be taught through correspondence or out of school hours, or withdrawn.
Great new opportunity for parents with our new Parent Portal
Friday 24th May 2013
By now you should have received an invitation to start using the Parent Portal for our student management system (SMS) P...Read more »
Board of Trustees Election 2013
Tuesday 21st May 2013
The schedule for the election of three Parent Trustee on the onslow College Board of Trustees for three years starting T...Read more »
Recent Rowing Prizegiving
Monday 20th May 2013
The Wellington Rowing Club Prize Giving was held last Saturday 18 May and Onslow College rowers were awarded in the foll...Read more »
OPEN EVENING 2013
Thursday 9th May 2013
Onslow College Open Evening, Wednesday 12 June 2013, 5.00-7.00pm. From 5.00pm until 6.20pm we invite you to make a ci...Read more »
ENTERTAINMENT BOOKS AVAILABLE...
Thursday 9th May 2013
ENTERTAINMENT BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE NOW FROM ONSLOW COLLEGE These are available for purchase online now.View the book on...Read more »
WINTER SPORT COACHES NEEDED!!!!!!
Friday 3rd May 2013
Coaches Needed! College sport cannot run without significant input from our community. We are lucky to have a dedicat...Read more »
Important Dates to be aware of
Thursday 28th February 2013
Reports & Report EveningsThis year we plan to trial a different system for report evenings, by combining some evenin...Read more »
Congratulations to Charlotte Flanagan....
Monday 18th February 2013
Charlotte was part of the New Zealand Ladies Rifle Team that competed in the Tri-Nations competition in South Africi...Read more »
Important Dates for Term 1 2013
Friday 25th January 2013
Start of Year Timetable: Monday 28 January - Course confirmation for Year 12 at 9.30am in the Hall and Year 13 at 1pm ...Read more »
Basketball Coaches and Managers Wanted 2013 Season
Wednesday 12th December 2012
The Basketball Committee are seeking volunteer Coaches and Managers for our Junior and Senior teams for 2013. Applicat...Read more »