Senior Students (Years 11-13)
Year 11 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
Year 12 & 13 Subject Selection Form (students new to Onslow)
Course Confirmation Day - 27 January 2014 important information for Course Confirmation
- catering for individual needs within a broad and balanced curriculum
- meeting student preferences
- supporting students to achieve their academic potential
Course Selection Guidelines
- Individual students express preferences and then programmes will be constructed through consultation between students, parents, teachers and deans.
- Future pathways should be considered when planning courses.
- Multi-level programmes may be chosen.
- Entry to subjects depends on the stated entry requirements being met. Students who do not meet entry requirements can apply to the Head of Department for special consideration.
- Deans and the careers adviser are available to assist with the building up of a programme.
- Full time courses of study must be undertaken by all students:
* English and Mathematics
* Science (unless exempted by Dean)
* plus three other subjects
* plus equivalent of four or five full year subjects
* Equivalent of five or six full year subjects
Final confirmation of courses takes place during Course Confirmation Day in late January. Failure to attend course confirmation may put the place in a subject at risk.
Availability of subjects will depend on staffing and student numbers. If numbers for a subject are too small, the subject may be combined with another, be timetabled for fewer than four hours per week, be taught through correspondence or out of school hours, or withdrawn.
To make life easier for you for Back to School, we have teamed up with School Supplies Direct so that you can buy all your school stationery needs over the Internet or by mail order. Click here to access the website: www.myschool.co.nz
Warehouse Stationery Support Your School programme: visit www.warehousestationery.co.nz to download Onslow College's unique voucher. By presenting this voucher when you purchase school stationery from Warehouse Stationery, Onslow College will be awarded BlueBiz Rewards Points which help us to get more resources for the school.
Alisha Gilchrist smashes Under 16 Girls 3000m record!
Friday 7th March 2014
Year 11 student Alisha Gilchrist didn't just win the Under 16 Girls 3000m race at the Western Zone Athletics competion o...Read more »
Open invitation to attend PTA AGM
Tuesday 4th March 2014
The Onslow College Parent Teacher Association (PTA) invites all those people interested to attend the ANNUAL GENERAL MEE...Read more »
Snapper travel concession
Monday 3rd March 2014
Wellington child travel concessions on Snapper for senior students are due to expire, to ensure students continue to rec...Read more »
Study Skills Workshop
Wednesday 19th February 2014
Workshops for 2014 Series 1: Study Tips and Memory Strategies... Ideal for Years 9-13 students, University Students ...Read more »
Year 9 Camp information
Thursday 13th February 2014
Year 9 Camp takes place on Monday 17 - Wednesday 19 February. Further infromation about the camp has been emailed home...Read more »
Sports in 2014
Monday 27th January 2014
The 2014 Sports Handbook and associated forms are now available on the Sports pages of the website. Summer sports comm...Read more »
Wednesday 22nd January 2014
To make life easier for you for Back to School, we have teamed up with Office Max School Supplies Direct so that you can...Read more »