The Onslow College Foundation is a charitable trust which has been established as a way in which alumni and supporters of the college can contribute to the long term success of the college. The medium to long term objective of the Foundation is to build up a capital base from which the Foundation can contribute to student and staff needs in the form of scholarships and training and also towards capital improvements to the infrastructure of the college. The first initiative of the Foundation is the establishment of the Onslow College alumni and the registration form is available on the Alumni page.
The initial trustees of the Foundation are former Board representatives Spiro Anastasiou and Tony Cooke together with Mike Roberts and Slaine McKenzie. The Principal and Board Chair are also trustees on an ex-officio basis.
The Foundation is registered as a charity and has IRD donee status.
Purpose of the Foundation
The Onslow Foundation has big plans for supporting the school – its objectives are to:
- Provide specialist training & teaching, equipment, facilities, resources & materials
- Activities to promote and preserve the character of Onslow College
- Promote connections between the school and Alumni activities
- Maintain records of the College’s history and ensure future records are kept
- Assist pupils and former pupils through tertiary education or trade training
- Provide scholarship or financial assistance to pupils
- Advance the education & training of teachers inside & outside Onslow
Projects the Foundation has identified include:
- A strong Alumni organisation
- A Foundation website to connect with the school and Alumni activities
- Onslow College Archives – $20,000
Longer term goals include:
- Onslow scholarship programme
- Artificial surface sports field – $3,000,000
(enclosing the field, an extra $1,250,000)
- A performing arts theatre – $7,000,000
How can you help your school
You can support Onslow Colleges by donating to the Foundation. You can also choose a project to support and tag any contribution to specific projects.
- Foundation membership – $30 per year
- Annual gifting programmes
- Onslow College as a beneficiary of your estate
Non Financial Giving – you may be in a position to support your college by giving in kind or time. Please feel free to contact the Foundation to talk through any ideas.
Helping our students succeed
Onslow College aims to develop students to their potential through high quality education in a cooperative, friendly, stimulating and safe environment.
School funding is determined by our decile 10 rating which does not provide sufficient funds to meet the costs of what we need to deliver a well rounded education.
The shortfall in our operating expenses is made up from reserves, annual parent donations and international student fees.
Without this income we could not provide the curriculum, class sizes and activities parents say is important.
What can you do?
We need your help and ask that you become a benefactor so we can continue providing a positive and effective learning environment at Onslow College.
What you give is entirely up to you – every gift is important to Onslow.